About AARDEX Group
We are AARDEX Group, an industry leading SaaS company that’s been challenging the status quo in medication adherence management in clinical trials since 1984. Our goal is to empower clinical research teams with real-time medication adherence intelligence to support earlier interventions for patients that need additional support with their dosing regimen.
Measuring medication adherence (whether patients are following the prescribed dosing regimen)in clinical trials is essential as poor adherence can lead to underestimations of drug efficacy and even drain study power to the point of failure.
AARDEX Group addresses the issue with the help of digital medication adherence packaging and devices coupled with real-time medication adherence software for researchers and user-friendly apps for patients.
Life at AARDEX Group
We invest in the personal and professional growth of every member of our team because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfilment. Our team is at the heart of everything that we do, and by taking a proactive approach to support, we have created an inclusive and caring culture that enables our people to thrive.
What You Will Be Doing
As a Quality Control Assistant, you will be in charge of controlling the quality of AARDEX® solution in line with the Customer Success and R&D departments’ objectives.
AARDEX® solution is composed of:
- Smart packages and smart devices commercialized by AARDEX® or by partners .
- MEMS® Mobile app: a patient-facing mobile app which collects the recorded data from these packages/devices and monitors patients.
- MEMS® Adherence Software (MEMS AS®): a cloud platform as the central part of the solution (i.e., centralization of all the adherence information, access management, connectors to third party applications, algorithms needed for analytics and risk stratification).
Day-to-day duties will include:
- Participate in defining testing strategy
- Write test cases and test protocols, including compatibility testing
- Execute test protocols
- Reports issues during testing with an issue tracking system.
- Participate in the root cause analysis of the reported issue
- Generate testing summary reports
- Participate in product design reviews to provide inputs on requirements
- Interact with different stakeholders such as QA Manager, Clinical Project Managers, Product Officers and R&D team.
Experience, Certifications, and Competencies Required for the Role
- Bachelor’s degree or proven equivalent experience.
- Experience in software quality control is an asset..
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent with communication tools, spreadsheets and presentation tools.
- Experience with tracking system (i.e. Jira) or ready to learn.
- Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC) process or ready to learn.
- Languages: French and English.
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Motivated and enthusiast
- Diplomacy and patience
- Keep up with new testing strategies and tools
Want to help us shape the future of medication adherence management?
Send your resume along with a covering letter detailing why this is the job for you
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com