In collaboration with AARDEX Group, a research-oriented company, the Department of Public Health is seeking an outstanding researcher for a position as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Liège University. The researcher will carry out behavioral science research on medication adherence within the contexts of digital health, patient-centered communication, multidisciplinary management, and integrated care. Specific research topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Synthesize the state-of-the-art on theory and evidence regarding behavioral determinants of medication adherence. Develop criteria to prioritize them based on stakeholder needs and use scenarios.
- Work closely with patients, healthcare professionals, regulators, pharmaceutical companies and other relevant stakeholders to assess their needs.
- Develop a process of selecting, measuring and intervening on modifiable determinants and adapting intervention based on non-modifiable determinants.
- Validate/refine the process based on different types of adherence data (e.g. self-reported, electronic monitoring, pharmacy refill).
- Implement the framework into digital solutions for effectively managing medication adherence with different stakeholders.
- Develop blueprints and tools for real-world implementation.
The postdoc will report to Benoît Pétré and Bernard Vrijens, will collaborate with other researchers across disciplines at Liège University and will be based in Liège, Belgium. The postdoc will work closely with data and computer scientists at AARDEX Group to assist in implementing the behavioral framework in commercialized digital adherence solutions. S/he will be expected to employ innovative and pragmatic approaches, from the theory and analysis of existing real-world data sets, to the design and implementation of digital solutions that address the complex problem of medication adherence. We are particularly interested in candidates who can think out of the box and have a global view of a problem. Other duties include contribution to ongoing research projects, preparation of talks and participation in seminars, and drafting reports, grant applications, and papers for publication.
- PhD in Behavioral Science or equivalent (i.e. 4 years of professional experience in research).
- You have not worked in Wallonia more than 12 months in the past 3 years.
- Motivated and inventive person who is capable of multitasking and can work with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills (orally and in writing) to audiences with various backgrounds.
- Fluent in English.
- Scientific publications.
- Experience in interdisciplinary research and working in collaborative teams.
- Experience with implementation sciences, econometrics, and/or modeling.
- This is a two-year position with the expectation of renewal for additional years conditional on performance.
- Annual salary (including paid holiday and end-year bonus) based on seniority: https://recherche-technologie.wallonie.be/servlet/Repository/beware2_2021_1_grille-salariale—salary-grid.pdf?IDR=13249&saveFile=false
- Fee for mobility and research costs: € 750 per month.
Please send a brief cover letter, C.V., and two representative publications or manuscripts in a single email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include names, titles, and contact information for two references. Questions about the position may also be sent to the same address. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Department of Public Health, Liège University
The Department of Public Health is an integral and essential part of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Liege. The department includes different thematic research groups: biostatistics and research methodology, epidemiology, health promotion and patient education, occupational/environmental health, emergency care. The aspects of health promotion and patient education are driven by Prof. Pétré and Prof. Guillaume who lead a multidisciplinary team mobilizing disciplines of public health, biostatistics, psychology and sociology. It has a solid expertise from epidemiological diagnosis to patient management, through health promotion, prevention and patient education, embedded in a patient empowerment vision. Over the past fifteen years, the unit has developed advanced skills in the fields of public health planification/evaluation, research methodology (qualitative/quantitative), observational and interventional research. The unit places a huge importance on the methodological rigor of the research and evaluation systems. The department relies on a network of internal and external (in Belgium and abroad) collaborators for the development of its work.
Selection of successful response to calls, in collaboration with other researchers: (1) cross border projects (INTERREG PROGRAM IV and V) related to patient education and patient partner (Funding: European Regional Development Fund); (2) evaluation of the projects of Integrated care (Integreo projects for people with chronic conditions, Funding: Begian Institute for Health and Disability Insurance (2017-2020); Daniël De Coninck Chair : development and strengthening of primary care in Belgium. Funding: King Baudouin Foundation (2019-2023).
AARDEX Group develops and markets digital solutions to manage medication adherence. Our customers are primarily pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies involved in drug development and commercialization.
For over 35 years, AARDEX is the world market leader in clinical trials (200+ drug trials) and research settings (830+peer-reviewed publications) with more than 1 million patients monitored across 70+ countries.
This experience results in long-established key client relationships with most major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, primarily in the US and in Europe.
The mission of AARDEX Group is to develop and market eco-systems to measure, analyze, and exchange dosing history data to support successful management of patients’ adherence to medications. The vision consists in data driven adherence feedback to enable digital therapeutics and patient empowerment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com